- Nevada County, CA has a population of 98,570 people with a median age of 49 and a median household income of $56,521.
- The population is 85.7% White, 9% Hispanic, and 2.23% Two+. 8.74% of the its’ residents speak a non-English language, and 96.9% are U.S. citizens.
- The largest universities within proximity of Nevada County, CA are U.C. Davis, Sacramento State and University of Reno.
- The median property value in Nevada County is $347,000, and the home-ownership rate is 72.4%. Most people commute to work with an average commute time of 22.2 minutes. The average car ownership is 2 cars per household.
- Nevada County is the 36th most populated county in California and borders Placer County, CA; Sierra County, CA; Yuba County, CA; and Washoe County, NV.
Statistics and graphs are from DataUSA and are based on public US Government data. For more information.
Please allow time for graphics to load.
The economy of Nevada County, CA employs 41,473 people. It specializes in Arts, Entertainment, Recreation; Real Estate, Rental & Leasing; and Utilities, which employ respectively 1.86; 1.8; and 1.62 times more people than what would be expected in a location of this size.
The largest industries in the County are Healthcare & Social Assistance (6,220), Retail trade (4,349), and Construction (3,713), and the highest paying industries are Utilities ($87,375), Professional, Scientific, Tech Services ($54,134), and Finance & Insurance ($46,167).
Median household income is $56,521.
Median Household Income
Households in Nevada County have a median annual income of $56,521, which is more than the median annual income in the U.S.. The chart shows how the median household income in Nevada County compares to that in it’s parent locations.
Income by Location
In 2015, the census tract with the highest Median Household Income in Nevada County was Census Tract 012.03 with a value of $85,378, followed by Census Tract 012.05 and Census Tract 001.03, with respective values of $85,208 and $70,963.
The map shows all of the census tracts in Nevada County colored by their Median Household Income.