- Nevada County offers a rural and small-town lifestyle, while still being located within a convenient distance from urban centers in the Bay Area, Sacramento, and Reno.
- With just under 100,000 residents, Nevada County is the 36th most populous county in California. The population grew from 92,053 in 2000 to 99,696 in 2018 an is expected to be 101,767 in 2020.
- The largest universities within proximity of Nevada County, CA are U.C. Davis, Sacramento State and University of Reno.
- The median property value in Nevada County is $347,000, and the home-ownership rate is 72.4%. Most people commute to work with an average commute time of 22.2 minutes. The average car ownership is 2 cars per household.
- Nevada County is the 36th most populated county in California and borders Placer County, CA; Sierra County, CA; Yuba County, CA; and Washoe County, NV.
Statistics and graphs are from DataUSA and are based on public US Government data. For more information.
Please allow time for graphics to load.
The economy of Nevada County, CA employs 41,473 people. It specializes in Arts, Entertainment, Recreation; Real Estate, Rental & Leasing; and Utilities, which employ respectively 1.86; 1.8; and 1.62 times more people than what would be expected in a location of this size.
The largest industries in the County are Healthcare & Social Assistance (6,220), Retail trade (4,349), and Construction (3,713), and the highest paying industries are Utilities ($87,375), Professional, Scientific, Tech Services ($54,134), and Finance & Insurance ($46,167).
Median household income is $56,521.
Median Household Income
Income by Location
The map shows all of the census tracts in Nevada County colored by their Median Household Income.